Airservices request feedback on a proposed ATS Route from GEMAC to Direct LIZZI for the purpose of reducing track miles on Auckland to Melbourne flights.
- Consultation will be conducted until 13 May 2022
- The removal of BADGR STAR into Melbourne from the East has added flight planning and air traffic complexities for Auckland to Melbourne flights.
- The proposal is to introduce a ONE WAY route from GEMAC direct to LIZZI. Leading to:
- 15NM track reduction for Auckland to Melbourne flights
- Delayed convergence of Auckland to Melbourne arrivals with the busy Sydney to Melbourne route
- Reduced air traffic complexities