Airservices trial of Class E steps at Ayers Rock Airport will continue until 31 March 2023.
- Airservices trial of increased Class E airspace (steps) for Ayers Rock Airport (YAYE) commenced on 21 May 2020
- The trial was intended to run for 12 months
- The significant reduction in air traffic at Ayers Rock that occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic has prevented the gathering of adequate data to suitably assess the trial
- The trial was initially extended to December 2021, and then again to 1 December 2022
- CASA have now approved a further extension until 31 March 2023
To notify industry that CASA has approved an extension to Airservices Ayers Rock Class E Airspace Trial until 31 March 2023.
With the trial of Class E airspace steps continuing until 31 March 2023, Airservices is continuing to actively seek feedback on industry's experience operating in the Class E steps at Ayers Rock.
To provide feedback, please visit Airservices Engage portal via the link provided.